How to Stream Movies and Music to iPad From iTunes Using Home Sharing
Did you still load all of your music or movies onto your iPad for enjoying at home? One neat feature of iTunes is the ability to stream music and movies between devices using Home Sharing. This artilce shows you how to set up iTunes / iPad Home Sharing and enables you to get access to your digital music and movie without taking up a lot of space on your iPad by streaming the music and movie to your device using Home Sharing.
1. Set Up Home Sharing in iTunes
The first step to sharing music between iTunes and the iPad is turning on iTunes Home Sharing. This is actually quite simple, and once you have gone through the steps to turning on Home Sharing, you'll wonder why you didn't always have it turned on.
1. Launch iTunes on your PC or Mac.
2. Click on "File" at the top-left of the iTunes window to open the File menu.
3. Hover your mouse over "Home Sharing" and then click on "Turn on Home Sharing" in the submenu.
4. Click the button to turn on Home Sharing.
5. You will be asked to sign into your Apple ID. This is the same email address and password used to sign into your iPad when purchasing apps or music.
6. That's it. Home Sharing is now turned on for your PC. Remember, Home Sharing is only available when iTunes is running on your computer.
Once you've turned on Home Sharing, any other computers with iTunes Home Sharing turned on will show up in the left-side menu in iTunes. They will appear right under your connected devices.
Note: Only computers and devices connected to your home network will be eligible. If you have a computer not connected to the network, you will be unable to use it for Home Sharing.
2. Set Up Home Sharing on the iPad
After you set up Home Sharing on iTunes, it is quite easy to get it working with the iPad. And once you have iPad Home Sharing working, you can share music, movies, podcasts and audiobooks. This means you can get access to your entire music and movie collection without taking up valuable space on your iPad.
1. Open your iPad's settings by tapping the settings icon.
2. On the left-hand side of the screen is the list of options. Scroll down until you see "Music". It's at the top of a section that includes Videos, Photos & Camera, and other media types.
3. After you tap "Music", a window will appear with Music settings. At the bottom of this new screen is the Home Sharing section. Tap "Sign In".
4. You will need to sign in using the same Apple ID email address and password as used in the previous step on your PC.
And that's it. You can now share your music and movies from your PC or laptop to your iPad.
Remember: You'll need to have your iPad and your computer connected to your Wi-Fi network to use iTunes Home Sharing.
3. Sharing Music and Movies on the iPad
Once you have everything working, you can listen to the music collection on your PC the same way you listen to music installed on your iPad.
1. Launch the Music app.
2. The bottom of the Music app has a series of tab buttons to navigate between the different sections of the app. Tap "My Music" on the right side to gain access to your music.
3. Tap the link at the top of the screen. The link may read "Artists", "Albums", Songs" or any other category of music you may have selected at that time.
4. Choose "Home Sharing" from the drop-down list. This will allow you to browse and play songs that will be streamed from your PC to your iPad.
It is also easy to watch movies and videos through home sharing.
1. Launch the Videos application on your iPad.
2. Choose the Shared tab at the top of the screen.
3. Select a shared library. If you are sharing your iTunes collection from more than one computer, you may have several shared libraries from which to choose.
4. Once a library is chosen, the available videos and movies will be listed. Simply choose the one you want to watch.
Source from A Guide to iPad Home Sharing, only for learning and communication. Please contact the website administrator to remove them if there is a concern of copyright violation.