How to Install Plex on Apple TV 4
Plex is a free media organization tool and server platform that makes it dead simple to share your movies, TV shows, music, and photo collections across devices–including the Apple TV. In this article we aim to show you the way to install Plex app on Apple TV
Note: This guide is for the official Plex application for Apple’s tvOS, which limits it to the 4th generation Apple TV and above.
Install Plex on Apple TV 4
To follow along today you’ll need a few things. First and foremost you’ll need an Apple TV, a free copy of Plex for tvOS (we’ll download that during the setup phase), and, of course, a Plex media server to connect to.
This Plex media server could be your own or it could be a friend’s who has shared their Plex media server with you. We’ve already described the process of installing and setting up Plex Media Server here, so if you haven’t done that yet, go do that now. Then come back here, where we’ll show you how to install the Plex client app on your Apple TV.
• To start, fire up your Apple TV and head to the App Store and search for “Plex”. Be sure to select plain old “Plex” and not any of the similar sounding applications like “Simple X – for Plex”.
• Select the “Install” button.Once the installation is complete the “Install” button will turn to “Open”. Click it again to launch the Plex application.
• After the Plex splash screen you’ll be prompted to log into your Plex account. The app will give you a security code, like so:
• Take that four character alpha-numeric code and visit Plex.tv/link and enter the code to link the Apple TV Plex app to your Plex account.
• After the confirmation screen, you’ll see all the Plex media server linked to your account.
• Select the server to access the media on it.