Xbox One Supported File Formats and Video Playback Tips
Discover the ultimate in entertainment with Xbox One, the all-in-one gaming system brings you great gaming experience. What's more, Xbox One is capable of viewing and playing content from DLNA servers and USB storage devices using the "Media Player" app. You can transfer and enjoy HD movies on it. While, before playing video files on Xbox One, you need to consider the format compatibility. In this article, we will list the Xbox One supported file formats and offer you the useful video playback tips for Xbox One console.
Xbox One Supported Audio/Video Formats:
Xbox One Video Playback Tips:
How to Stream Video to Xbox One?
Xbox One is capable of receiving and displaying video streams from Windows Media Center 7 and Windows 8.1 PCs. So long as the PC and Xbox One reside on the same network, the streaming process is fairly simple.
1. Make sure you have the video application open on your Xbox One.
2. Check your PC network settings and ensure that the Xbox One is visible on the network. If it is not, make sure both devices are properly connected and configured to see one another.
3. Check your Xbox One Preferences under Settings and make sure "Play To" support is enabled.
4. Select a locally-stored video file on your PC. Most popular video file formats should work. You can prefer the above Xbox One Video/Audio Formats list.
5. Right click the file or files you wish to play.
6. Select the "Play To" option.
7. A drop down menu should appear listing all compatible decides detected on your home network. You should see your Xbox One listed among them.
8. Select your Xbox One. The stream will load and then begin playing.
The Xbox One's video controls will then take over, allowing you to pause and play the stream without touching your PC again.
What if your videos can't be played on Xbox One?
As you see, we can easily access videos from PC to Xbox One. While, something you should note that Xbox One can't support all file types. When you get this stunning console and want to play videos like FLV, MTS, M2TS, TiVo, MKV, MPG, VOB, TiVo, MXF, etc as well as Blu-ray, DVD movies on Xbox One, you'd better get this top all-in-one converter Brorsoft Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate to enable these movie files playable on your Xbox One console.
Overall, this software works as the ultimate solution for playing videos on Xbox One. It can help you rip Blu-ray/DVD, and convert various formats of HD videos(upto 4K) in MKV, AVI, TiVo, FLV, VOB, MPG, MP4, MTS, etc. to your Xbox One for smooth playback. Besides, this all-in-one video converter provides optimal presets which fit on iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 2, Apple TV 3, Samsung Galaxy Devices, Google Nexus, PS3, Amazon Kindle devices, Archos, BlackBerry, HTC and more in seamlessly. For Mac users, turn to iMedia Converter for Mac, which is fully compatible with Mac Mavericks, Yosemite and El Capitan.
(Note: Click here for OS X 10.5)
How to Convert DVD to Play on Xbox One
How to Rip Blu-ray to Play on Xbox One