It is a bad news for Blu-ray fans & Kodi lovers, no one has written any open-source software that can playback Blu-ray on Kodi, nor is there any software library capable of decoding the copy protection on-the-fly yet for playing Blu-ray on Android TV with Kodi. In this article we provide the way to watch Blu-ray movies on Android TV by adding all of the movies into Kodi library without physical disc and Blu-ray player.
We’ve already described the process of installing Kodi on Android TV here, so if you haven’t done that yet, go do that now. Then come back here, follow the steps to rip Blu-ray to Kodi supported digital format for watching on Android TV.
For adding Blu-ray movies to Kodi library, you'd better rip the Blu-ray to Kodi compatibel digital format (from Official Kodi WiKi):
Container formats: AVI, MPEG, WMV, ASF, FLV, MKV/MKA (Matroska), QuickTime, MP4, M4A, AAC, NUT, Ogg, OGM, RealMedia RAM/RM/RV/RA/RMVB, 3gp, VIVO, PVA, NUV, NSV, NSA, FLI, FLC, DVR-MS and WTV
Video formats: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, H.263, MPEG-4 SP and ASP, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), H.265 (as from Kodi 14) HuffYUV, Indeo, MJPEG, RealVideo, RMVB, Sorenson, WMV, Cinepak.
As commecial Blu-rays are copy protected, it is very difficult to copy Blu-ray movie content out of disc to kodi media library. Thus, you need a Blu-ray ripper to bypass the Blu-ray encryption and extract Blu-ray to a digital file that Kodi supported, such as MP4, MKV, AVI, ect.
Here Brorsoft Blu-ray Ripper for Windows | for Mac is one of the best choice:
– Effectively circumvents copy protections found on commercial discs so you can rip and convert all the Blu-ray discs in your collection.
– Own the ability to retain closed captions, which is particularly useful for the hearing impaired.
– Preview windows allows you to watch your video before it’s converted so you’re assured you’re getting a video file that meets your needs.
– Able to Produce various popular Kodi supported digital file formats such as H.265/HEVC, H.264, AVI, MP4, WMV, MOV, MKV, etc.
– Allows you to adjust export settings such as video codec, bit rate, frame rate, resolution and audio codec, bit rate, sample rate, channels, etc so you get exactly what you want out of a conversion.
– Gives you the ability to perform some basic edits to your Blu-ray movie before you convert it. For instance, you can cut the video length to only save the necessary part, crop video to remove the black edge, add personal watermark, adjust output video effects like brightness, contrast, saturation and hue. If you need all Blu-ray titles like trailer, behind-the-scenes, you can merge various parts into one new video.
The trail-before-purchase version availabel for you, the watermark is the only limitation between the trial version and full version. Here in this article, Windows version screenshots were taken as example, the Mac version shares the same steps, just keep in mind you have download the right version, Windows platform .exe files cannot be installed on macOS – and vice versa.
|DVD to Mi Box||DVD to Roku||Stream any videos to Roku||ISO to Roku via Plex||Blu-ray to Roku|
|Play BD/DVD on NAS with Roku||DVD to Fire TV||Blu-ray to Fire TV||BD/DVD to Fire TV Stick 2||Nvidia Shield TV|
Step 1: Import source Blu-ray to the program
Click “File” to find “Load from disc” to import source Blu-ray movies (Blu-ray, Blu-ray fold) to Encrypted Blu-ray movie to Kodi (XMBC) supported format. You can also load DVD disc, Video_TS folders and ISO files to this program for ripping to Kodi supoorted digital files.
Step 2: Choose the output format for Kodi
Here H.264 MP4 selected. Just click "Format" and choose "Common Video-H.264 Baseline Profile Video(*.mp4)" as below.
You can choose any other Kodi supported format list above.
Tip: You can click "Settings" to change the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, etc. as you wish.
Step 3: Tap the convert button and start Blu-ray to Kodi conversion.
When all settings are done, select the location for your movie in the Output Folder menu box, simply click the "Start" button to begin the conversion.
After the conversion finishes, you can click "Open" to locate the converted Blu-ray movies.
1. open Kodi.
2. Select “Videos” in the home screen menu.
3. Seclect "Files", then select “Add Videos”.
4. Click on “Browse” button.
This requester you can select the location where your Blu-ray movies located on your system. You can also choose a network drive if you have transfer the ripped Blu-ray movies to there, this tutorial will use the network drive option and we will select “Windows network (SMB)”.
5. In the next screen you should see the directories within your selected directory.
If this is the right directory select “OK”. If all is ok then select “OK” again.
In the next screen is where we tell Kodi what our source directory contains, in this case its “(Movies)”. When you are happy with the settings select “OK”.
6. Next screen is refresh info for contents of selected directory, select “Yes”.
When you’ve selected ok you will be presented with this next screen, keep an eye on very top almost to the right as this updates the database with info about the films it finds.
This item can take a long time depending on how many ripped Blu-ray moives you have in your collection.
7. When finished, the ripped Blu-ray movies library should be listed on the interface.
Copyright © Brorsoft Studio. All Rights Reserved.